WHAT IS THE LPMBC DEACONS FAMILY MINISTRY?
It is a plan by which the deacons can join with Pastor Maxwell and church staff in ministering to the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of each church member and family.
Church family members are assigned by zones which are coordinated by a deacon leader who will minister to them as needed over a period of time.
WHY IS THE DEACONS FAMILY MINISTRY NEEDED?
Because we care for you and your family. The pastor and deacons of LPMBC are committed to assuring that every member–individually and collectively–in our church experience the love and support of the entire congregation. We desire to continue being known throughout the community as a loving and caring church.
HOW CAN A DEACON HELP YOU?
There are some specific ways in which a deacon may assist you although, you are the only one who can really answer this question.
- Visits…as you determine necessary
- Witnessing…as a means of enhancing your spiritual walk with Christ and helping you to understand about God's concern for all and his saving grace provided through Jesus Christ.
- Rejoicing with you and your family…Your deacon will share in your joy when you celebrate important events or accomplishments.
- Give support in times of crisis…Your deacon may be of help to you by listening and giving support. Depending upon the situation or circumstance your deacon may be able to refer you to someone else or to a community agency for assistance.
- Answering questions regarding the church or our denomination…Your deacon will try to find the answer you seek.
- Helping you to know and have fellowship with other members and families in the church…Your deacon will encourage you to participate in church social events with families in your zone or other church members for fun and fellowship.
- Helping you find ways to serve in the church and through church sponsored activities…You deacon may point out opportunities for you to consider in using the talents, skills and abilities God has given you.
- Praying for you and with you…Believing that you are important and believing in the power of prayer, your deacon will join with the pastor and other deacons in praying for you and each member of your family.